Other People Exist

and are not just sense data

My Photo
Name:

Studies show that even when they are not there, other people exist, with thoughts, feelings, and desires just like you

Monday

From the OPE Digital issue

You hold in your hands the first digital issue of Other People Exist, plus whatever else you are holding. We’re halfway through Year Five, and it’s a good time to reflect on what I’ve accomplished so far, if anything. I’ve written some of the finest and most underappreciated work in my oeuvre, I’ve kept pandering to an absolute minimum - just enough to retain my stupidest subscribers - and I’ve built OPE into the moderately successful enterprise it is today, all without losing my street cred. That’s success in my book - but then, I wrote my book. Others may define it differently, such as in the traditional manner.

As subscribers are reading this issue, their birds, bunnies and guinea pigs are hopping from foot to foot in anticipation! They know that the arrival of this publication means a fresh cage lining for them, followed by weeks of superior comfort and leak protection. It’s one of the reasons I work so hard to make each issue as thick and absorbent as I can. When I think of the looks on your pets' snouts/beaks/muzzles, I know that the work I do matters. Pets on three continents have been comforted by OPE’s familiar feel underfoot. It is the first choice among choosy masters.

Sure, my subscribers could use newspaper to line their pets' cages. But newspaper requires frequent changing, which can end up costing hundreds of dollars a month. And veterinarians tell us that 75% of all pets prefer OPE zine as a cage liner (among pets who specify a preference). One important note: I don't recommend OPE zine for subscribers with gila monsters or other monster lizards, as these animals need a substrate of playground sand or bark chips in their cage.

I’d like to thank each of you for your renewal. I know you could find other uses for your four dollars. You could buy a small watermelon and eat it with friends. You could take a child to a matinee movie with the permission of its parents. Or you could use it for a third possibility that I haven't considered. But you chose to renew your subscription to OPE, and I (and your treasured pets) thank you!

Kurt

10 Comments:

Blogger Don, American Idle said...

Newspapers are slightly more absorbent.

11:51 AM  
Blogger tony said...

Only The Other Day A Woman Asked Me If I Was "A Man Or A Mouse".I got very assertive & refused to answer until she gave me a peice of cheese.......
What doesnt your American friend believe about Ny House In Italy?The Price?Very cheap but its a wreck at the moment.Needs Much work.Im back over later in the month.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

He thinks there's nothing worth living in under $250,000, but I think he likes a bigger/fancier place than you or me.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Are you having self esteem issues today too?

1:46 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

....up here we can't get into a matinee for $4. It's expensive being Canadian.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I'm holding a glass of The Tyrconnell. It's a wonder I can still type.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

Is it time to send the money yet?

6:52 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Not for a while. Donations, however, are graciously accepted.

8:24 AM  
Blogger dennis said...

Dennis wants to send money

3:42 PM  
Blogger dennis said...

Dennis bought 4 cans of cat food instead.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home